Subsea 7 to Support BP's Greater Plutonio Development
Subsea 7 has been awarded a contract valued at upwards of US $80 million by BP Angola (Block 18) BV. The contract is for Life of Field support services in the Block 18 Greater Plutonio development.
Subsea 7 and its subsidiary Sevenseas Angola will be providing project management and engineering for the maintenance, repair and light construction work that is required in this deepwater field. The tie-ins of production flowlines and water injection lines to several Block 18 subsea wells are part of the work scope.
The 3 year contract which will start immediately, with an option for another 2 years, will also have Subsea 7 provide two Hercules ROV's to work from BP's deepwater support vessel. The two ROV's are state of the art work class vehicles equipped with the latest tooling and inspection tools.
Jan Willem van der Graaf, Subsea 7's Vice-President for the Africa region comments,
"In addition to our proven EPIC capability, it is a core part of Subsea 7's strategy to provide our clients with long term maintenance and construction support during the operational phase of their fields. Subsea 7 has a proven track record in Life of Field type of business over many years in other parts of the globe. We are pleased that we can bring this expertise to the market in Africa. We look forward to working closely with our Angolan partners, BP Angola and all our subcontractors to make this project a success."
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)