Endeavour Acquires Gippsland Basin Concession


Gippsland Basin
(Click to Enlarge)
Endeavor Energy Corp. has officially acquired Australian Offshore Oil and Gas Concession Vic/P60. Endeavor Energy had originally entered an agreement to purchase the promising oil and gas concession on April 18, 2007.

The Vic/P60 concession is comprised of 342,000 acres in the prolific Gippsland Basin off the coast of Victoria, Australia-a region long recognized for its rich oil and gas deposits.

"In excess of 4 billion barrels of oil/condensate and 12 TCF gas reserves have been discovered in the basin since exploration drilling began in 1964," explained Cameron King, CEO of Endeavor Energy. "The area has since yielded billions of barrels of production. It's a very rich region, and we are very fortunate to have the opportunity to explore the area."

The region's potential has not gone unnoticed by major oil and gas developers. Several of the world's largest oil and gas companies are producing, developing and exploring adjacent to Endeavor's concession. Major oil and gas companies that are present and explore the region include Santos, Apache, BP, and ExxonMobil.

Endeavor has partnered with Holloman Corp. on the Vic/P60 project, a major developer of gas plants, pipelines, and other infrastructure throughout the U.S. "We are very pleased to partner with a major player such as Holloman," said King. "Holloman provides 40 years of engineering and operating expertise. They will be instrumental in helping us reach our goals for the Vic/P60 concession."

Holloman have identified 6 prospective leads, based on independent reports by ISIS Petroleum Consultants predetermining the Vic/P60 potentially holding reserves of 1.5 billion barrels of oil.

Holloman owns a 37.5% stake in the Vic/P60. The remaining 62.5 % of the concession is directly owned by Endeavor Energy Corp.

Endeavor Energy Corp. is a Calgary, Alberta based emerging oil and gas development company focusing on the exploration, acquisition, and development of various oil and gas concessions around the world. The company's current projects are located in Saskatchewan and Alberta of Canada and off the Vic/P60 concession located coast of Victoria, Australia.

Related Companies
 Company: Apache Corp.more info


 - Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 3)
 - Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 4)
 - Relief Arrives For US Shale Firms As OPEC Folds In Price Battle (Sep 29)
 Company: BP plcmore info


 - BP Greenlights $9B Mad Dog Platform Design (Dec 1)
 - Australia Watchdog Says North West Shelf Gas Venture Underpaying Royalties (Nov 28)
 - BP Buys Interests in 2 North Sea Prospects (Nov 28)
 Company: Exxon Mobil Corporationmore info


 - More Company Climate Votes Ahead, As Trump May Loosen Energy Rules (Nov 25)
 - Kazakhstan's Giant Kashagan Oil Field Begins Commercial Output (Nov 21)
 - Minister: Nigeria Reaches Deal to Pay $5.1B in Unpaid Bills to Oil Majors (Nov 17)
 Company: Santos Ltd.more info
 - Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
 - Australia LNG Export Boom Pains Santos Amid Gas Struggle At Home (Aug 17)
 - Santos to Set Aside $1B in Impairment Charge for Queensland's GLNG Project (Aug 15)
 Company: Endeavour International Corporationmore info
 - Endeavour Halts Drilling Ops at East Rochelle (Feb 14)
 - Endeavour: Transocean Semisub Mobilized to Rochelle Field (Jan 7)
 - Endeavour CFO Resigns (Oct 29)
 Company: Holloman Corp.more info
 - Holloman to Continue Exploration at Cooper Basin Despite Flooding (Aug 12)
 - Endeavour Acquires Gippsland Basin Concession (Aug 10)
 - Western Australia Official: Record Exploration Spending (Apr 4)
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
SharePoint Project Manager
Expertise: IT - Programming & Database|Project Management
Location: Houston, TX
 
Commercial Director - Terminals
Expertise: Business Development
Location: South Carolina, 
 
Asset Integrity Manager
Expertise: Asset Management|Project Management|QA / QC / Inspection
Location: Pasadena
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $53.94/BBL 6.87%
Light Crude Oil : $51.06/BBL 3.27%
Natural Gas : $3.51/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours