Roxar to Develop Wireless Pressure Monitoring Instrument System
Roxar, which was purchased by CorrOcean in July, has signed a NOK 20 million contract for a Joint Industry Project (JIP) with Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS and Statoil ASA. The JIP is for the development of a wireless pressure monitoring instrument system.
The purpose of the new instrument system is to monitor the pressure in the annulus B (annulus between the two inner casings) to verify the well's integrity. The benefit of the new system will be to allow a continuous control to be made over the lifetime of the field and without having to shut down oil production. To verify the integrity of the annulus B is an industry safety requirement. As more wells are using gas lift (gas present in annulus A) this becomes even more important seen from a safety and environment protection point of view.
This contract represents an important first step
in developing a new product as well as developing a future technology which, given technical and commercial success, will be an important technology
platform for Roxar's technology development for sub-surface sensors in the next decade. The work will commence autumn 2007 and the plan is to deliver a
qualified commercial product by the end of 2010. The long development period is representative for the ground breaking technology which is intended to be developed.
- Roxar to Provide Topside Meters to Middle Eastern Client (Nov 14)
- CorrOcean Reports Third Quarter Resuts (Nov 02)
- CorrOcean Changes Name to Roxar ASA (Oct 18)
Company: Roxar more info
- Emerson Process Management Snaps Up Roxar ASA (May 06)
- Emerson Launches Voluntary Offer to Acquire Roxar (Mar 02)
- Oil and Gas Operator Inks Purchase Order for Roxar's Subsea Equipment (Jan 05)