Aminex Expects Nyuni Well to Spud in October
Aminex issued the following update on its forthcoming drilling operations in Tanzania:
As previously announced, the Caroil-6 drilling rig, for which Aminex and partners have a contract to drill two exploration wells on the Nyuni license offshore Tanzania, experienced delays due to the need for remedial work and upgrading. The Caroil-6 rig is currently on location in the adjoining Songo-Songo gas field working for Pan-African Tanzania Ltd.
Current information is that remedial work to the rig will be completed by mid-August following which it will complete its work at Songo-Songo. It is anticipated that the rig will be delivered to the Nyuni partners in late September and will be ready to spud Kiliwani-1, first of two locations in the current Nyuni program, in the first half of October.
Aminex Chairman Brian Hall commented: "Frustrating as this delay has become, we have used the time well to fine-tune our operational procedures, materials procurement and supporting contracts. The delay is outside our control but we may be confident that the rig, once it has passed inspection, will be in first class operational order".
The Nyuni partners are: Ndovu Resources Ltd. (operator) 39%(wholly-owned by Aminex) Key Petroleum Ltd. 20% RAK Gas Commission 25% East Africa Exploration Ltd. 10% Bounty Oil & Gas Ltd. 6%
Elsewhere in the region, Aminex has commenced major onshore seismic programs in the Ruvuma Basin of Tanzania and over the Manja license in Madagascar, in preparation for drilling in 2008.
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Bounty Oil & Gas more info
- Advent Pushes Ahead with Seismic Campaign in PEP 11 in Sydney Basin (Jul 19)
- Australia's Bounty Closes Deal with Bridgeport for Surat Basin Assets (Jun 13)
- MEC Updates on PEP11 Planned Seismic Program in Offshore Sydney Basin (May 19)
Company: East African Exploration Limited more info
- East African Exploration Takes Bigger Bite of Kenyan Block L17/L18 (Sep 10)
- Aminex Increases Interest in Nyuni Area, Kiliwani North (Sep 09)
- EAX Inks Exploration Deal with Africa Oil, Enters Ethiopian, Kenyan Blocks (May 27)
Company: RAK Petroleum more info
- RAK Reports Oil, Gas Discovery Offshore Ivory Coast (Mar 09)
- UAE's RAK Petroleum Plans To List In Oslo (Oct 06)
- Petrolia Seeks to Block DNO, RAK Merger (Dec 12)
Company: Key Petroleum Ltd. more info
- Key Petroleum to Take 40% Stake in Permit WA-481-P in North Perth Basin (Jul 29)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
- WA DMP Approves Pilot Energy's Acquisition of Stake in EP437 Permit (Apr 20)