Technip Wins Ofon Topsides Contract
Technip has been awarded a turnkey contract by Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd. for the loading, transport and installation of the topsides for the OFP2 fixed platform on the Ofon field. Located 50 kilometers off the coast of Nigeria and at a water depth of 40 meters, the field is operated by Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd. on behalf of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corp./Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd. Joint Venture.
The contract comprises:
--the supply of equipment required for the installation,
--the loading of the topsides, weighing approximately 13,000 tons, onto a transport vessel,
--the transport of the topsides from South Korea to Nigeria, and
--the installation of the topsides using Technip's proprietary Unideck floatover method.
Engineering of transport and installation will be executed by Technip, notably by the Group's operations and engineering center in Lagos, Nigeria.
Offshore operations are scheduled for 2010.
Technip's Unideck floatover is the company's proprietary method of installing an integrated production deck (topsides) onto a fixed structure which permits installation in difficult sea conditions (long period swells) using a system of jacks to lower the topsides rapidly into place.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)