Tap Says Totem-1 Non-Commercial
Tap Oil says the Totem-1 exploration well, located in permit WA-191-P offshore Australia, has reached its planned total depth. The reservoir section had been intersected as prognosed, however preliminary results indicate it is not an oil discovery. Totem-1 will now be plugged and abandoned.
The Totem-1 well targeted the Calypso Formation reservoir similar to the nearby Amulet field. Although reasonable hydrocarbon shows have been observed in this reservoir in Totem-1, the preliminary analysis suggests if oil is present it is low saturation, and not producible.
Totem-1 well interests are Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd with 23.2%; Santos Limited as operator with 33.4%; Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 33.4%; and Nippon Oil Exploration (Dampier) Pty Ltd with 10.0%.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)