Loews Completes $4 Million Acquisition
Loews reported that its newly formed wholly-owned subsidiary, HighMount Exploration & Production LLC, has completed its previously announced acquisition of natural gas exploration and production assets from Dominion Resources for $4.0 billion cash. The transaction was financed with approximately $2.4 billion of cash provided by Loews Corporation and a $1.6 billion term loan by the newly created subsidiary.
The primary properties acquired are located in the Permian Basin in Texas, the Antrim Shale in Michigan, and the Black Warrior Basin in Alabama, with estimated proved reserves totaling approximately 2.5 trillion cubic feet equivalent. These properties produce predominantly natural gas and are characterized by long reserve lives and high well completion success rates.
- Dominion Hub III Project Seeking Binding Precedent (Jan 08)
- 2007 Mr. Spindletop Retires: Dominion Bids Farewell to Radtke (Jan 04)
- Dominion Closes Sale on its E&P Mid-Continent Properties (Aug 31)
Company: Loews Corp. more info
- Loews Completes $4 Million Acquisition (Jul 31)
- Loews, XTO to Buy Dominion E&P Assets in Deals Worth $6.5B (Jun 04)