ConocoPhillips Awards McDermott Fabrication Contract
PT. McDermott Indonesia, a subsidiary of J. Ray McDermott, S.A., has won a contract from ConocoPhillips to fabricate the North Belut Central Processing Platform (CPP) jacket.
J. Ray will undertake procurement of tertiary steel, construction engineering and fabrication of the eight-leg steel jacket weighing approximately 4,900MT, as well as appurtenances and piling.
"We are pleased to continue our involvement with the North Belut project with the fabrication of both the North Belut CPP jacket and topsides", said Steve Roll, J. Ray's vice president and general manager, Asia Pacific operations.
Fabrication is being done at J. Ray’s Batam Island facility in Indonesia. The jacket is expected to be ready for load out by the second quarter of 2008. At peak over 1,000 craftsmen will be involved in the construction of the CPP jacket and topsides.
During the fourth quarter of 2006 J. Ray was awarded the fabrication, offshore hook-up and commissioning contract for the 13,000-metric ton CPP integrated topsides and connecting bridge from the CPP to the Wellhead Platform.
The North Belut field is located in Block B of the Indonesian sector of the Natuna Sea, approximately 60 kilometers east-northeast of the Belanak FPSO installed in the Belanak Field.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)