CNOOC to Bring Penglai Field Onstream by Year-End

CNOOC Ltd. and partner ConocoPhillips are on scheduled to begin production from the Penglai 19-3 oilfield in the northeast Bohai Sea by the end of the year. Field reserves are estimated at 500 million barrels of oil equivalent. Penglai 19-3 is China's second largest single oilfield after the onshore Daqing oilfield in the northeast.

Designed capacity for the first phase of production at the Penglai 19-3 is 35,000 to 40,000 bpd and would rise to 150,000 bpd by 2006. CNOOC holds 51% interest in Penglai and ConocoPhillips holds the other 49%.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $50.2/BBL 3.29%
Light Crude Oil : $47.89/BBL 3.34%
Natural Gas : $2.94/MMBtu 1.37%
Updated in last 24 hours