Bredford Dolphin Spuds First Well in AGR Multi-Well, Multi-Client Program
AGR Group reports that the Bredford Dolphin semisub, contracted for three years by a consortium of seven oil companies, lead by AGR Group, has spudded the first well in its AGR Group managed multi-well, multi-client program.
The consortium have signed a three year contract for the rig following extensive upgrade work which was required in order for the rig to qualify for operating in Norwegian waters. AGR Group will manage the rig and drilling services on behalf of the seven companies operating on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). A total of 21 wells are planned to be drilled over the three year contract period for the seven companies.
Commenting on the start of the drilling program, Geir Finsrud, Vice President of AGR Petroleum Services, Norway said:
"We are very pleased that the Bredford Dolphin multi-client, multi-well drilling program is underway. This is our first such program on the NCS following successful programs in the UK Continental Shelf over the last few years. We believe that putting together such opportunities for smaller oil and gas companies is opening up the exploration industry where it might otherwise have been restricted due to the tightness of the rig market and the size of drilling programs of the smaller oil and gas exploration companies."
The seven companies who will be drilling wells using the Bredford Dolphin are DNO, Lundin Petroleum, Marathon Oil, BG, Revus Energy, Pertra AS and Endeavour.
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Dolphin Energy more info
- Borgland Dolphin Anchors at Skarv; Will Spin Bit Until 2011 (Jan 06)
- Velosi Bags Service Contracts in Europe and Middle East (Dec 16)
- Tullow Expects Ghana to Sanction Jubilee Phase 1 Before Year-End (Nov 12)