More than 40 Cos Attend Magallanes E&P Road Show in Calgary
Chile's mining minister Karen Poniachik has met with representatives from more than 40 Canadian and US companies in Calgary, Alberta, where she invited them to participate in the tender of 10 E&P blocks in the southern Magallanes basin, the mining ministry said in a statement.
Organized by the Canadian Petroleum Institute and the mining ministry, companies attending the road show included: Apache Canada (NYSE: APA); Talisman Energy (NYSE: TLM); March Resources (TSX-V: MCF); Methanex (Nasdaq: MEOH); Petro Andina Resources (TSX: PAR); CanAmericas Energy (TSX: PNE); Niko Resources; Petro Hunt; and Antrim Energy (TSX: AEN), according to the statement.
After presenting the road show to investors, Poniachik met individually with representatives from 15 companies particularly interested in the blocks.
"There is tremendous interest from companies around the world in this tender," Poniachik said in the statement.
To date, 30 oil and natural gas companies have purchased bidding rules for the tender and four have purchased technical information on the blocks, according to the statement.
Chile's government has delayed until August 9 from July 10 the date for companies to acquire term sheets for the Magallanes blocks, BNamericas previously reported.
Winners will sign special operating contracts (CEOP) with the government that will run up to 35 years, including a maximum 25-year production phase.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Niko Resources more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- KrisEnergy Spuds Bangora-6 Development Well in Bangladesh's Block 9 (Sep 05)
- ICSID Orders Petrobangla to Pay Niko $35M It Owed for Gas Deliveries (May 31)
- Reliance Said To Revive Offshore India Gas Project By End-2017 (May 27)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: Methanex more info
- Kea Petroleum Gets Backing for Deep Gas Well in NZ (Mar 05)
- Shell Invests to Make Most of Maui's Late Field Life (Sep 04)
- Geopark Grabs Up Additional Petroleum Block in Chile (Jul 16)
Company: March Resources more info
- March Reports Pica #2 P&A, Moves Forward with Challacolla #1 (May 27)
- Sweet Sixteen: March Perforates 16 Intervals, Evals to Come (Apr 30)
- March Spuds Pica 2 Well (Apr 14)