Exxon to Drill Two Appraisal Wells in Banyu Urip
ExxonMobil Oil Indonesia and Pertamina plan to drill in Banyu Urip field in Cepu this month. The drillng of two appraisal wells will verify the oil reserves in the field, ExxonMobil Oil Indonesia's Vice President for Commercial & Planning Maman Budiman said in Jakarta earlier this week.
"We will drill two appraisal wells in Banyu Urip this month," Maman Budiman said. He added that the partners continue clearing lands in Cepu to accelerate production from the block.
Cepu block is estimated to hold 600 million barrels of oil and 1.7 TCF of gas. Banyu Urip is estimated to hold 250 million barrels of oil.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Pertamina more info
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Saudi Aramco Reaffirms Commitment to Pertamina JV as CEOs Meet (Jul 07)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Delay Some Refinery Projects Over Financing (Jun 06)