DNO Spuds Lie Well Offshore Norway
DNO has spud the exploration well 24/9-8 on the Lie prospect. DNO is the operator and holds a 30% interest in the license. This is the first well to be drilled by the Bredford Dolphin rig in the three year drilling contract the company and six other operators in a consortium have with Dolphin Drilling.
DNO received the approval of the Application for Consent of the well by the Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) early this week. The 24/9-8 well is located west of the Grane Field and will be drilled in 123 m water depth to a TD of 2,212 meters MSL.
The other licensees are Revus Energy ASA (30%), Talisman Energy Norge AS (30%) and PA Resources Norway AS (10%).
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)