President Greenlights Perupetro, Loon Block 127 Contract
Peru's President Alan Garcia has authorized state hydrocarbons promotion agency Perupetro and Canadian oil and gas company Loon Energy to sign the E&P contract for block 127, Peru's official gazette reported.
Perupetro's board in March this year approved the contract for the block that spans 966,674ha in the Maranon basin.
The work commitment during the first 24 months includes acquiring, processing and interpreting 390km of 2D seismic lines, reprocessing 2,000km of 2D seismic lines and producing technical studies, according to Perupetro's website.
Subsequent periods ranging from 12-18 months involve additional seismic work and the drilling of wildcat wells.
Neither Perupetro nor Loon immediately responded a BNamericas request for additional information, such as when contract signing was expected.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Loon Spuds Second Well on Buganviles Block (Nov 08)
- Loon, Petro Vista Terminate LOI (Apr 07)
- Loon Announces Business Reorganization (Nov 05)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)