FSO Endeavor to Continue Operations at PY-3 Field Offshore India
Prosafe has received a Letter of Intent for a two- year contract extension by Aban Offshore Ltd for continued use of the FSO Endeavor at the PY-3 field in India. As a result, FSO Endeavor will now be on the field until the end of July 2009. The value of the extension is about US $24.7 million.
During the first year of the extension, Prosafe will carry out certain upgrades to the vessel. The upgrades will enable FSO Endeavor to stay in the field for an extended period.
Prosafe commenced the contract, which originally
had a duration of three years, in July 1997. The
contract extension ensures that the vessel will
stay in field for a total of at least 12 years,
which is four times the original contract term.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Aban Offshore more info
Manages 17 Offshore Rigs
- Aban Offshore Bags $87M Contract to Provide Aban Abraham Drillship to ONGC (Jun 28)
- Aban Offshore Inks Deal to Provide Aban II to ONGC for $50M (Oct 27)
- Aban Offshore Clinches $182.7M Deals to Supply 2 Jackups to ONGC (Oct 13)