CTC Marine Names Newbuild
DeepOcean ASA's subsidiary CTC Marine Projects, has released the name of its new build DP2 class vessel, due to be launched in 2007. The Volantis will form part of a new spread that will include a work/survey class ROV and the UT-1 'Ultra Trencher', which at 2,000KW will be the world's most powerful jetting trencher.
As the leading provider of subsea trenching services and as part of the DeepOcean group, CTC continues the expansion of its asset base. In line with the company's strategy of market leadership through innovation, the new equipment is being designed and built to set an industry benchmark in severe weather operability.
Tony Inglis, managing director of CTC Marine Projects commented, 'This investment represents an important step in an on-going program to further develop our trenching capabilities. The Volantis will fulfil a key supporting role in the delivery of a market leading service.'
- DeepOcean Awarded Petrobras Contract (Jan 16)
- DeepOcean Board Recommends Trico Buyout Offer (Jun 24)
- Trico Buys Up DOF's Shares of DeepOcean (Jun 13)
Company: CTC Marine more info
- Trico Marine Group Snags Subsea Service Contract in Mediterranean (Jan 07)
- CTC Marine Wins Subsea Work Contract from Bluewhale in China (Jun 12)
- CTC Awarded LoFS Contract by StatoilHydro (Apr 25)