Wavefield Inseis Wins Two 3D Seismic Contracts in Asia Pacific Region
Australian oil and gas company Oilex on behalf of its Joint Venture operating in the Joint Petroleum Development Area between Timor-Leste and Australia have awarded Wavefield Inseis a survey that is anticipated to take in the order of 2 months to complete and which will be acquired by one of the company's large capacity 3D vessels.
Wavefield Inseis has also secured a large 3D seismic survey for its vessel offshore Indonesia through its partnership with Elnusa Geosains. This survey, for another oil and gas major, is expected to take approximately 3 months and is due to start later this year. Both surveys will require the vessel to tow 10 streamers, each 6000m in length, and dual sources.
Rick Donoghue, Wavefield Inseis VP Marketing and Sales stated, 'We are proud to have been selected for these two projects. These are our first projects in this area and so we are now looking forward to a long and successful association with the E&P industry in the Asia Pacific region.'
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)