Pegasus Awarded Subsea Contract in North Sea
Pegasus International (UK) Limited has been awarded a contract by Mobil North Sea Limited, an ExxonMobil subsidiary. The scope of the contract is for the provision of subsea engineering services for MNSL fields in the North Sea but in particular it covers work for the Beryl field and various sub sea tiebacks to MNSL Southern North Sea platforms. The scope of the work includes:
- Project screening.
- Front-end engineering design and detailed design engineering for subsea tie-backs.
- Pipeline, umbilical and xmas tree design.
- Subsea controls design (subsea and topsides components).
- Flow assurance/thermo-hydraulics.
- Engineering verification.
- Project management support.
- Subsea intervention and inspection planning, procedure development, offshore representation support.
The contract is for a period of 3 years, with two 1-year optional extensions. The work will be undertaken from Pegasus's Aberdeen office.
Gavin Stevenson, Pegasus's Engineering Manager in Aberdeen stated: "Pegasus is delighted to have been awarded this contract, which maintains its involvement (previously as Mentor Project Engineering) with MNSL's subsea facilities. This involvement goes back more than 10 years to the various Nevis projects and has continued through projects including Malory, Waveney, Buckland, Skene and the recent Lewis 1 projects."