PSA Gives Talisman Green Light to Use Blane
Talisman Energy Norge AS has been granted consent for use of Blane. The Blane oilfield is located both on the Norwegian and British continental shelf. Blane will be developed with three subsea wells on the British side, which will be connected to BP's installations on Ula on the Norwegian side of the North Sea.
Talisman Energy Norge AS is the operator for the Norwegian production license 143BS, and Talisman Energy (UK) Limited is the operator for the British production license P.111.
The consent applies to systems and equipment for production and handling of hydrocarbons in the pipelines to Ula, as well as gas lift and water injection in the wells on Blane.
In the application for consent Talisman has estimated production start-up at August 1, 2007.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)