Another Riser Management System Contract for Fugro
Fugro GEOS' Structural Monitoring Division has recently been awarded a contract by FMC Technologies to supply a Riser Management System for a completion/workover riser that FMC Technologies is supplying for Statoil's Gjoa field, offshore Norway.
Developed by Fugro and MCS, the market leaders in riser analysis and associated software the IRIS-RMS system is an integrated riser management system for drilling and C/WO risers that calculates a safe operating envelope using the unique MCS finite-element model of the riser.
The RMS consists of riser-mounted instrumentation, cables, and computer system running the MCS software. IRIS-RMS interfaces with vessel systems to collect key data to feed into the software's sophisticated finite element predictive model and associated simulation software. Riser-mounted strain and/or accelerometer packages are also typically installed. The system also includes modules to calculate and display the operating envelope and drift-off characteristics.
Not only does the system monitor and record riser loads during operation, it also displays hot-spot stresses within the riser and computes the top tension and tensioner/hook load tension split. It also tracks the fatigue life of each joint in the riser, and records and displays riser stresses during unexpected/unplanned incidents. IRIS-RMS warns if the riser is approaching its design capacity.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)