Smit Salvage Contracted to Rescue Bourbon Athena MPSV
Due to poor weather conditions pumping had to be stopped during the night. The Athena was towed and anchored yesterday evening to the outer roadstead of Pointe Noire in the Congo. The ship is resting on a sandy bed at a depth of 10 meters and is listing over 50 degrees. No lives are at risk.
Smit Salvage has been contracted to proceed with operations to rescue the vessel and to protect the site. Operations have already started. In conformity with Bourbon Safety Management procedures, the causes of the incident are under investigation.
- Strategic Marine Snags SMIT Contract for 3 Vessels (Jan 31)
- Keppel Nantong Clinches S$110 Million in Contracts (Oct 18)
- Smit Salvage Contracted to Rescue Bourbon Athena MPSV (Jun 28)
Company: BOURBON more info
- Oil Services Group Bourbon Sees Brighter Outlook After 1H Profit Slump (Sep 07)
- Bourbon Says Three Kidnapped Crew Members Released (May 11)
- BOURBON Ends Talks to Sell OSVs to Malaysia's Tanjung Offshore (Dec 31)