Rosneft to Cut $9.2B of Debt with Yukos Sale Proceeds
Rosneft has received the first tranche of proceeds as a creditor from the Yukos bankruptcy.
The amount received, 237 billion rubles (equivalent to $9.2 billion), will be utilized in full to retire debt.
Rosneft will continue to reduce debt through integration of recently acquired assets, improved operating performance, enhanced downstream margins, and potential asset sales. The company is targeting a reduction in leverage to 1x Debt/EBITDA and less than 30% gearing by 2010.
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
- China's CEFC Eyes Big League With Rosneft Oil Offtake Deal (Oct 17)
Company: Yukos more info
- Dutch Court Overturns $50B Yukos Award Against Russia (Apr 20)
- Rosneft Hires 10 Banks for $2B Debt Refinancing (Feb 04)
- Rosneft to Cut $9.2B of Debt with Yukos Sale Proceeds (Jun 27)