Hydro Awards Ormen Lange Contract to Saipem UK
Hydro has awarded an NOK 120 million contract to Saipem UK Limited for template installation on the Ormen Lange Southern Field Development.
Hydro has awarded the contract on behalf of the Ormen Lange licensees for the installation of one eight-slot template of approximately 1,150 tonnes. The installation will take place in the second quarter of 2009 at a water depth of approximately 900 meters, with tight installation tolerances.
Hydro is the operator for the Ormen Lange project during the development phase. Saipem is familiar with the challenging conditions on the Ormen Lange field through former pipeline installation work.
The Ormen Lange Southern Field Development consists of one template, two flow lines, one umbilical and one MEG line tied back to the existing Template A location.
In addition, the contract includes an option for heavy-lift operations for the Troll Future Development.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)