Grenland to Supply Burner Boom to West Polaris
Seadrill has recently awarded a burner boom contract to Grenland Group.
Grenland Group shall deliver a Swan Neck "PetroFlame" to Seadrill's new drilling vessel, West Polaris, now under construction at Samsung Heavy Industries in South Korea.
This is Grenland Group's second contract with Seadrill for West Polaris. In 2006, Grenland Group was awarded the contract for a complete topside design for West Polaris. Samsung Heavy Industries is also a well known partner to Grenland Group after having cooperated in the past on several drillships with both topsides, vessel integration and burner booms.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)