AMEC JV Wins Timor Sea Contract Extension
The joint venture between Clough Ltd and AMEC, the international project management and services company, has been awarded a multi-million dollar, 15-month extension to its operations and maintenance contract by ConocoPhillips Australia for the Bayu-Undan Offshore Development located in the Timor Sea.
The contract value has not been announced.
Clough AMEC will continue to service the production facilities at the Bayu-Undan gas and condensate field, located about 250 kilometers south of Suai, Timor-Leste, and 500 kilometers north-west of Darwin, Australia. Clough AMEC supports this contract from its offices in Perth and Darwin, training center in Dili, Timor-Leste and through the provision of offshore based personnel.
Under the extended contract, Clough AMEC will provide operational support to a production and processing platform, a compression, utilities and quarters platform, a wellhead platform and the Liberdade Floating Storage and Offloading vessel.
Clough AMEC's role will be to support ConocoPhillips in planning, coordination and execution of offshore field services such as operations and maintenance, management of specialist subcontractors and onshore services such as fabrication, equipment maintenance and repairs. Incorporated within the scope is the provision of planning and implementation support, including a significant number of dedicated resources, for a major facility shutdown scheduled for late 2007.
The contract extension reinforces Clough AMEC's position as a leading services provider to the oil and gas industry. Since 2004, Clough AMEC has been successfully providing innovative support services to the Bayu-Undan Development. Project highlights include a major shutdown and de-bottlenecking exercise in 2005 and the ongoing commitment to asset integrity and safety performance.
Richard Bailey, Director of Clough AMEC said: "We are delighted to have secured this contract extension which reflects our safe and effective delivery of the contract services. We look forward to further developing and extending our working relationship with ConocoPhillips."
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Clough Engineering Ltd. more info
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)
Company: AMEC more info
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)