PCJ Selling Morant, Formigas Seismic Data
State-run Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica (PCJ) is selling 1,044km of digitally reconstructed seismic data for the Morant and Formigas offshore areas.
The date is available by license from PCJ's UK agent MDOIL for US$7,500 for a single user and a 50% discount for partners.
"The Morant-Formigas bank area may well be part of a future licensing round," PCJ special projects director Raymond Wright told BNamericas.
"However, initially we are presenting the data to industry as part of their general interest in the geological basin offshore southern Jamaica," said Wright, adding there has been "important" interest and data has been sold.
A second oil and gas licensing round to explore onshore and offshore blocks is underway, with informal proposals due July 15.
In 2005, Australian company Finder Exploration and Canada's Rainville Energy picked up five and three offshore blocks respectively that cover 23,193km2 in total.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Jamaica Signs Deal To Search For Offshore Oil, Gas (Nov 11)
- PCJ Negotiates 2nd Round PSCs, Pending Govt Okay (Oct 04)
- PCJ Wrapping Up Floating LNG Terminal Pre-qualification (Aug 30)
Company: Finder Exploration Pty Ltd more info
- Finder Sells Entire Acreage Holding Off WA to Quadrant Energy Australia (May 03)
- Planning Underway to Drill Roc-2 Appraisal Well Off WA in 2H 2016 (Mar 17)
- Carnarvon Confirms Condensate Rich Gas Find at Roc-1 Well in Block WA-437-P (Jan 18)
Company: Rainville Energy more info
- Rainville to Begin Offshore Block Survey (Oct 04)
- PCJ Selling Morant, Formigas Seismic Data (Jun 26)