E.ON Ruhrgas Secures Another UK North Sea Exploration Deal
E.ON Ruhrgas continues to expand their upstream gas activities in the North Sea. E.ON Ruhrgas UK North Sea Ltd has entered into an agreement with Maersk Oil to acquire a 22.3% interest in Blocks 30/1d and 30/1h in the UK Central North Sea. The block is located approximately 200 km off the coast of Aberdeen.
A well is planned to be drilled, starting this summer, in the Ockley prospect in the Upper Cretaceous Chalk formation.
"We are extremely excited to have secured this high impact gas opportunity in our Central North Sea focus area" said Frank Sivertsen, Managing Director of E.ON Ruhrgas UK. "We are pleased to be in partnership with Maersk Oil who have significant experience in the development of similar Upper Cretaceous Chalk oil and gas reservoirs in the Danish sector of the North Sea"
E.ON Ruhrgas UK North Sea operates the Johnston and Hunter gas fields, and is also a partner in several other producing and developing gas fields in the UK, as well as exploration wells. Apart from the interests held in the UK North Sea, E.ON Ruhrgas also has interest in Norwegian offshore fields.
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)
- Premier Oil to Acquire EON's UK North Sea Assets (Jan 13)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)