Talisman Concludes Mime Drilling
Talisman Energy Norge AS has concluded drilling of an appraisal well on the Mime field.
Talisman is operator of production license 301, located in the southern part of the North Sea. Appraisal well 7/11-11 S was drilled using the Maersk Giant drilling facility in 80 meters of water. The well was drilled to a total depth of 4400 meters below the sea surface. Well 7/11-11 S was concluded in rocks from the Triassic Age.
Oil was proven in Late Jurassic sandstone with low permeability. The licensees will now evaluate the remaining oil potential in production license 301. The well will be permanently plugged and abandoned.
The Maersk Giant drilling facility will now be moved to the Rev field for well completion activities for Talisman Energy Norge AS.
The licensees in production license 301 are:
--Talisman Energy Norge AS, 60%
--DONG E&P Norge AS, 40%
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)