South Sea Energy to Acquire Indonesian CBM Project
South Sea Energy Corp., formerly Henley Ventures, Inc., has signed a Letter of Intent ("LOI") with CBM Asia Development Corp. ("CBM") to acquire CBM's interest in a coal bed methane project (the "CBM Project") located in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The LOI states, that upon completion of due diligence, South Sea and CBM will negotiate a formal, definitive assignment and acquisition agreement, or other transaction structure, whereby South Sea would acquire beneficial right, title and interest of the CBM Project. The LOI calls for a definitive agreement to be signed on or before July 1st, 2007 and is subject to the terms and conditions of the LOI.
The full terms and conditions of the LOI will be disclosed in South Sea's report on Form 8K to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC").
In related news, the Company has appointed Mr. Alan T. Charuk as President, Chief Executive Officer, and a Director of South Sea Energy Corp. Mr. Charuk served as Executive Vice-President of Norwood Resources Ltd, a junior oil and gas company with operations in Nicaragua. Mr. Charuk has served on the board of several other junior resource companies and brings extensive experience in developing a successful exploration and development company.
South Sea Energy Corp. is an emerging junior energy company specializing in the exploration and development of coal bed
methane in Indonesia's vast coal reserves.
- Norwood Tests Positive Oil Flows at San Bartolo ST in Nicaragua (Feb 19)
- Norwood Pumps 38.5 API Light Crude Oil from SB-1X2 in Nicaragua (Dec 16)
- Norwood to Recommence Drilling on Indoklanicsa Concession in Nicaragua (Jul 15)
Company: South Sea Energy Corp. more info
- South Sea Ups Stake in the Powder River Basin & Appoints New Board Member (Aug 27)
- South Sea Energy to Acquire Indonesian CBM Project (Jun 18)
Company: CBM Asia Development Corp. more info
- CBM Asia Plans to Commercialize Resource in Kutai West PSC in Kalimantan (Apr 07)
- CBM Asia Provides Operational Updates on Indonesia Assets (Aug 23)
- CBM Asia, ExxonMobil Ink Indonesia PSC Agreement (Dec 20)