Regal: Apache Spuds East Ras Budran Well
Regal Petroleum PLC on Friday reported that Apache East Ras Budran Corp. LDC, as operator of the East Ras Budran Concession in Egypt, has spudded exploration well ERB-A-1X.
Regal owns a 25% working interest in the Concession, which covers an area of 521 square kilometers onshore in the Gulf of Suez. The ERB-A-1X well is one of two wells to be drilled in 2007 as part of the first phase exploration work program agreed with the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation for the Concession. Since Regal farmed out a 75% working interest and operatorship in the Concession to Apache in October 2006, Apache has completed the acquisition of a large aeromagnetic survey and a 3D seismic survey covering approximately 100 square kilometers of the Concession. The selection of the location for the second exploration well, ERB-B-1X, is presently under consideration using existing data and the results of both the 3D seismic and aeromagnetic surveys and is expected to be drilled back-to-back with the present well.
Well ERB-A-1X, which is planned to take 80 days to complete, is targeted to penetrate prospective reservoirs in the Thebes Limestone and will be drilled to a target depth of 13,622 feet.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Regal Petroleum more info
- Regal Completes and Hooks Up SV-59 Well Onshore Ukraine (Feb 06)
- Regal Reports Lower Production from Ukraine Operations (Jan 03)
- Regal Updates on Ukrainian Reserves (Apr 15)
Company: EGPC more info
- KUFPEC Inks Exploration Agreement for Pakistan's Paharpur Block (Mar 16)
- Egypt Awards Oil and Gas Exploration Blocks (Sep 19)
- Ministry: Egypt Names New Chairman of State Oil Company (Aug 22)