Newpark Names Box Chairman of the Board
Newpark Resources, Inc. on Thursday announced that Mr. Jerry W. Box, age 68, has been elected as non-executive Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective June 13, 2007.
Box, who has been a member of Newpark's Board of Directors since 2003, has over 30 years of experience in the oil and gas exploration industry, having retired as President, Chief Operating Officer and director of Oryx Energy in 1999. Subsequently, he was a director of Magnum Hunter Resources, Inc., an independent exploration and development company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and also served as Chairman of the Board of Magnum Hunter from October 2004 to June 2005. Box is currently a director of another NYSE-listed company, Cimarex Energy, an independent oil and gas exploration and production company, where he also serves on the Compensation and Governance Committee.
Paul Howes, Newpark's President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We are delighted to have Jerry as our new Chairman, and we look forward to benefiting from his extensive experience in the energy industry as we continue to lead Newpark on its new course."
Additionally, Newpark announced that all items voted upon at the 2007 Annual Meeting of Stockholders were approved, including the election of all director nominees, namely Jerry W. Box, Gary L. Warren, F. Walker Tucei, Jr., David C. Anderson, James W. McFarland, Paul L. Howes and G. Stephen Finley, along with the approval of an amendment and restatement of the 2004 Non-employees Directors' Stock Option Plan and the ratification of the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as independent auditors for 2007.
Newpark Resources, Inc. is a worldwide provider of drilling fluids, temporary worksites and access roads for oilfield and other commercial markets, and environmental waste treatment solutions.
- As US Shale Drillers Suffer, Even The Bankrupt Keep Pumping Oil (Apr 01)
- Shale's Running Out of Survival Tricks as OPEC Ramps Up Pressure (Dec 28)
- Magnum Hunter Latest Oil Producer To Seek Bankruptcy (Dec 15)
Company: Newpark Resources, Inc. more info
- Newpark to Provide Drilling Fluids for Petrobras' Deepwater Project (Dec 11)
- Newpark Resources Announces President of Mats and Integrated Services (Jun 03)
- Newpark Announces New $225 Million Credit Facility (Dec 21)
Company: Cimarex Energy more info
- Texas Shale Drillers Lure $2 Billion in New Equity to Permian (Feb 02)
- Devon Buys 50,000 shale acres for $249 million cash (May 06)
- Oil Price Slide May Hit Small Oil Companies' Spending Plans for 2012 (Oct 06)