White Nile: Khartoum, Southern Sudan Reach Block Ba Deal
White Nile Ltd. on Thursday issued a statement regarding continued speculation regarding the Block Ba license area in Southern Sudan.
White Nile has been assured by representatives of the Government of Southern Sudan that an agreement with the Government of Khartoum has been reached with regard to its Block Ba oil concession. In this respect. White Nile has been informed that it is to be included in a consortium that will explore and develop the enlarged Block B, which will include Block Ba as well as Blocks Bb and Bc.
It is understood that the divisions in the consortium will be as follows: Total 35%, White Nile 25%, the Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co 20%, SudaPet 10% and NilePet 10%, the latter two being the national oil companies of Northern and Southern Sudan, respectively.
White Nile representatives are seeking further clarity on the situation and the Company will update the market once this has been provided.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Sudapet more info
- Sudan, South Sudan Start Talks Over Former National Oil Company Assets (Apr 29)
- Vietnam Targets Oil and Gas Exploration in Sudan (Feb 12)
- Sudan Seeks Foreign Blocks, Plans to Double Oil Ouput by 2015 (Jun 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)
Company: White Nile more info
- Sudan's White Nile Petroleum Finds Dry Gas in Block 8 (Jun 01)
- White Nile Proposes to Change Company Name, Investing Strategy (Dec 05)
- White Nile to Acquire Energy Africa Ltd, Nigerian Oil Projects (May 19)
Company: NilePet more info
- White Nile: Khartoum, Southern Sudan Reach Block Ba Deal (Jun 14)
- White Nile Issues Sudan Update (Jun 06)