PGNiG Wins Bid for Bahariya Concession in Egypt
PGNiG SA said that its bid for exploration on Bahariya 3 Block in Egypt was accepted by Egyptian General Petroleum Company. It was the first bidding round for Egyptian exploration concessions in which PGNiG submitted a bid.
The Bahariya Block is located approximately 200 km southwest of Cairo in the Western Desert area. Over the last 10 years, a number of significant oil field discoveries were made in the Western Desert. The Bahariya Block covers the area of 4,414.4 sq. km.
In accordance with the Egyptian procedure, the award of the Bahariya concession is subject to approval by the competent authorities of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Poland's PGNiG To Receive LNG Spot Delivery From Statoil In September (Sep 05)
- Poland Suspends Russian Gas Supplies Via Yamal Pipeline Due To Poor Quality (Jun 21)
Company: EGPC more info
- KUFPEC Inks Exploration Agreement for Pakistan's Paharpur Block (Mar 16)
- Egypt Awards Oil and Gas Exploration Blocks (Sep 19)
- Ministry: Egypt Names New Chairman of State Oil Company (Aug 22)