Mitsui Farms Into Oman Block 27

Mitsui has acquired a 35% interest in Block 27 onshore Oman from Occidental. Block 27 is located west of Muscat and is approximately 2,500 square kilometers. The remaining 65% interest will be held by Occidental. Reserve estimates for the field are placed at "several tens of millions of barrels", Mitsui said.

Earlier this year, Mitsui acquired a 35% stake in Oman's Block 9 which is adjacent to Block 27. Block 9 has estimated oil reserves of 300 million barrels and is currently producing 46,000 barrels of oil per day.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $48.6/BBL 1.12%
Light Crude Oil : $46.34/BBL 1.24%
Natural Gas : $2.9/MMBtu 2.35%
Updated in last 24 hours