Frontline Sells Sea Production Shares
Frontline Ltd. on Wednesday sold its entire 25.5-million-share holding in Sea Production Ltd. for a net price of NOK 15.75 per share, equal to approximately $67 million.
The sale of the shares is in line with Frontline's strategy to remain a pure crude oil transportation company. The sale also follows the Company's previously announced strategy to either sell or spin off the Sea Production shares to Frontline's shareholders.
The shares were successfully placed by the Investment bank Dahlman Rose to a group of high-quality institutional investors.
Frontline and Sea Production will continue a strategic partnership with respect to conversion of crude oil tankers into oil storage and production units.
Frontline is expected to record a gain of approximately $31.8 million in the second quarter of 2007 as a result of this sale. In the first quarter of 2007, Frontline recorded a gain on the issuance of shares by Sea Production of $39.8 million.
The $67 million cash raised from the sale of the shares will increase the liquidity being available for further expansion of Frontline, as well as strengthen future dividend capacity.
- Tanker Firm Frontline Expects Rise In Storage Of Oil On Vessels (Jun 16)
- Frontline to Restructure VLCC Newbuilding Program (Sep 17)
- Frontline Sells Its Stake in Dockwise (Oct 02)
Company: Sea Production Limited more info
- Petrofac Awarded Duty Holder Contract for Northern Producer (Jun 11)
- Sea Production Welcomes New Majority Shareholder (Nov 01)
- Sea Production's FPSO Solid at Puffin Field (Oct 15)