Petroecuador, CNPC Ink Strategic Alliance
Ecuador's state oil company Petroecuador and its Chinese counterpart CNPC have signed a strategic alliance agreement to develop joint hydrocarbons activities.
The five-year agreement covers E&P, transport, storage, industrialization, commercialization, oil services, environmental management, institutional strengthening and training, Petroecuador said in a statement.
The companies will now establish an executive committee and groups to identify, evaluate and define joint cooperation activities.
Special attention will be given to fuel theft, the optimization of refining processes and biofuels, among other areas, the statement said.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- Kemp: Oil Price War Inflicts Collateral Damage in Latin America (Feb 09)
- Ecuador's Petroamazonas Seeks Partners to Boost Oil Output (Sep 26)
Company: CNPC more info
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- CNPC, Guangdong Sign Strategic Deal On S. China Sea Methane Hydrate (Aug 28)