emgs Makes R&D Deal with Statoil
Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA (emgs) and Statoil have entered into a research and development agreement to develop new and improved software and methods for the analysis of electromagnetic data from seabed logging. The contract is for one year, with an optional two-year extension for support and maintenance.
"This contract is an important step forward in the development of processing and imaging routines for seabed-logging data, and we are very happy to be cooperating with Statoil on this project," said Svein Ellingsrud, emgs' vice president research and development. "emgs is a long-term partner with Statoil. In fact, seabed logging was first tested commercially in 2001 as part of a joint venture that included Statoil."
emgs will develop new software routines for processing and imaging of electromagnetic data. Statoil will fund the project and have access to the results.
emgs is the global market leader for the provision of seabed logging services, a technology that
enables the detection of hydrocarbons beneath the seabed before drilling. emgs has developed this proprietary and patented technology over the past 10 years. Since its incorporation as a separate company in 2002, emgs has conducted more than 250 commercial surveys for many of the world's leading oil and gas companies and offshore operators.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA (emgs) more info
- EMGS Secures Contract Extension With Malaysian Oil Company (Nov 17)
- EMGS Confirms Further Staff Cuts (Oct 17)
- EMGS Confirms Staff Cuts (Apr 14)