Statoil Gets OK to Drill Exploration Well in PL 281
Statoil has received consent from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate to drill exploration well 6405/10-1 with the Transocean Leader. Well 6405/10-1 is located in production license 281.
The well is situated in the Norwegian Sea about 50 km north of Ormen Lange and water depths in the are 928 meters MSL.
The activity has an estimated duration of approximately 80 days.
The Transocean Leader is a semisubmersible built in 1987 and upgraded in 1997. The rig received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in December 2004.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)