Stolt Wins Erha Field Riser Contract from ExxonMobil

Stolt Offshore has been awarded a contract from ExxonMobil for the flowlines and risers on the Erha field offshore Nigeria. The field is situated in approximately 3,900 feet of water.

The contract from Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited is for an EPIC deepwater development for the engineering, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of 16 miles of flowlines and steel catenary risers. These 10 tiebacks include service for production, water and gas injection lines, gas lift and production test and will link the two subsea drilling centers to the FPSO. The Erha field is on OPL 209 in which Esso has a 56.25% operating interest and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited holds the remaining 43.75%. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is the concessionaire of the production-sharing contract for this lease block.

The contract also calls for the fabrication and installation of an offshore loading buoy linked to the FPSO via dual steel export lines, together with 45 suction anchors that will be used to moor the drilling units, the FPSO, and the offshore loading system.

The Stolt Offshore owned Globestar fabrication yard in Warri, Nigeria, will fabricate the suction anchors and spools that will connect the flowlines to the subsea manifold. Other work to be performed in Nigeria will include; construction engineering, assembly of surface buoys, coating and installation of pipelines and risers and welding of pipeline and riser joints. Marine transportation will include Nigerian ships. The engineering subsidiaries of Stolt Offshore, Paragon Engineering in Houston and Paragon Litwin in Paris will also undertake engineering for this project.

The engineering work for the project has started. Fabrication work will commence at the end of this year. Installation of suction anchors for the semi-submersible drilling rigs will start in early 2003. The anchors for the FPSO and the offshore loading buoy will be installed in 2004. All remaining items, including umbilicals, risers, flowlines and the export lines to the offshore loading buoy will be installed in 2005.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $49.98/BBL 1.59%
Light Crude Oil : $49.18/BBL 1.56%
Natural Gas : $2.73/MMBtu 1.44%
Updated in last 24 hours