Eight Interested in Rio Negro's 3rd Tender Round
Eight companies to date have purchased bidding rules for the third hydrocarbons tender launched by Argentina's Rio Negro province, provincial hydrocarbons department director Tamara Perez Balda told BNamericas.
Interested companies include Tecpetrol, Pluspetrol, Petrobras (NYSE: PBR), Petrolifera Petroleum and YPF.
The tender includes six blocks in the Neuquen basin: Angostura, Blanco de los Olivos Oriental, Catriel Viejo Sur, Cerro Chato, Puesto Guevara and Tres Nidos Sur.
The province will receive bids July 12 and likely will launch the province's fourth and final tender round the following month, Balda said.
Rio Negro governor Miguel Saiz last week signed E&P contracts for four blocks in the Neuquen basin with three companies that were part of the province's second tender round, the provincial government said in a statement.
The four blocks are Agua Amarga, Lago Pellegrini, Vaca Mahuida and Villa Regina. The province estimates total investment of some US$106mn.
The Agua Amarga concession was signed with local firm Petrolera Entre Lomas and Canadian oil and gas company Petrolifera Petroleum signed the contract for the Vaca Mahuida concession.
Local firm Interenergy Argentina signed the contract for the Lago Pellegrini and Villa Regina blocks.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Pluspetrol more info
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)
Company: Techpetrol more info
- Eight Interested in Rio Negro's 3rd Tender Round (May 23)
- Three Oil Companies Agree to Switch Venezuela Contracts to JVs (Oct 07)
- Tecpetrol Negotiating US$170mn-200mn Syndicated Loan (Oct 14)
Company: Petrolifera Petroleum more info
- Gran Tierra to Acquire Petrolifera (Jan 18)
- Petrolifera to Start Gas Production at Brillante Well (Nov 11)
- Petrolifera Wraps Up Long Term Test in Colombia (Sep 21)