Anadarko Sells Production Assets in Qatar
Anadarko Petroleum has agreed to divest 100 percent of its interest in Anadarko Qatar Energy Company LLC and Anadarko Resources Company (collectively "Anadarko Qatar"), which together holds a 92.5 percent interest in Blocks 12 and 13 in Qatar, to a subsidiary of Occidental Petroleum Corporation for $350 million. Block 12 includes the Al Rayyan Field, representing all of Anadarko's production operations in Qatar and is operated by Anadarko Qatar.
Current net production from Qatar is approximately 6,000 barrels of oil per day from the Al Rayyan Field. Anadarko will retain its exploration interests in Qatar in Blocks 4 and 11.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and adjustments and the approval of Qatar Petroleum. Anadarko's transaction advisor for this sale is Tristone Capital Inc.
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Occidental 3Q Profit Beats Forecasts On Rising Oil Prices (Nov 01)
- HOW COOL IS THAT! Young West Texas Plant Manager (Oct 24)