Premier Ups Stake in Scott Field
Premier Oil PLC has successfully completed the purchase of an additional 20.05 percent interest in the Scott field from Hess, following the payment of $52.6 million in net consideration.
In December, the company received notification of Hess' intention to sell its 20.05-percent interest in the Scott field to Nexen Petroleum UK. Premier exercised its right to pre-emption under the terms of its license interests in Scott.
Following completion of the transaction, Premier's net working interest in the Scott field is now 21.83 percent.
Simon Lockett, Premier's Chief Executive, commented:
"We are pleased to have completed our acquisition of an additional interest in the Scott field. This acquisition adds approximately 5,000 barrels of oil per day to our current production, at a cost of around $5 per barrel of 2P reserves. We continue to pursue acquisitions that are complementary to our existing assets and knowledge base."
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)