OHM Founders Recognized for Electromagnetics Contribution
The Society of Exploration Geophysicists, a leading body that promotes the science of geophysics has awarded a prestigious Distinguished Achievement Award to University of Southampton, citing the roles of OHM's founders, Lucy MacGregor and Martin Sinha.and the education of applied geophysicists,
The award recognizes their role in the "first substantial test of controlled source electromagnetics for direct hydrocarbon detection," which took place offshore Angola in 2000 when the team was researching on the technique at the University of Southampton.
University of Southampton, Scripps Institution, Statoil, Norwegian Geotechnical Institute, and ExxonMobil are all to receive a Distinguished Achievement Award for their contributions to the successful implementation of Controlled Source Electromagnetics (CSEM)
Commenting on the award, MacGregor said:
"We are very grateful to the Society of Exploration Geophysicists for recognizing the key role that Martin and I, together with the University of Southampton, played in developing and commercializing the CSEM technology. That such a prestigious body is making an award for CSEM development is further endorsement of the industry wide interest in and acceptance of CSEM technology and the contribution it can make to the exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons.
"At OHM, we are continuing to enhance the range and application of CSEM together with the integration of other geophysical data to provide our clients with a best in class and extremely valuable product. This award will spur us on to greater achievements "
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Offshore Hydrocarbon Mapping (OHM) more info
- OHM Bags CSEM Contract in North Sea (Jun 11)
- Rock Solid Images Scores Major West African Seismic Gig (Dec 01)
- OHM Secures CSEM Survey in Offshore Equatorial Guinea (Nov 16)