MOL, ExxonMobil to Study Unconventional Gas Potential in Hungary
On Wednesday, MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas Plc. signed a Heads of Agreement with ExxonMobil subsidiary Esso Exploration International Limited to undertake a joint technical study of certain basins in Hungary that present significant unconventional hydrocarbon gas resource potential and, depending on the study results, to undertake additional exploration activities.
Unconventional exploration projects usually require substantial financial commitment and often entail significant production risk. Because ExxonMobil possesses extensive experience, appropriate technology and know-how and MOL has an excellent understanding of the petroleum geology and industry operations of Hungary, this cooperation is expected to leverage the strengths of both parties.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: MOL Hungarian Oil & Gas more info
- MOL Group Acquires New Licenses in Hungary (Feb 07)
- MOL Makes Oil, Gas Discoveries in Pakistan (Jul 13)
- MOL Finds Condensate, Gas at Makori East-05 Well in Pakistan's TAL Block (Jul 12)