Shaw to Take Helm at LOOP
Thomas L. Shaw, an executive and professional engineer with 30 years of experience in the pipeline industry, has been named president of the Louisiana Offshore Oil Port LLC (LOOP) effective July 1, 2007.
Shaw will be responsible for all operations of one of the nation's largest crude oil pipelines and the nation's only deepwater offshore oil port capable of receiving supertankers for offloading of crude oil cargoes. LOOP expedites the delivery of over 1.5 million barrels of import and domestic crude oil daily for delivery to U.S. Gulf Coast and Midwest refineries.
"LOOP is an integral link in the U.S. energy chain," said Jerry Welch, senior vice president, Refining for Marathon Petroleum Company LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Marathon Oil Corporation, and chairman of the LOOP Owners Committee. "We are fortunate to have a leader with Tom Shaw's credentials and experience to direct LOOP in meeting its mission."
LOOP is jointly owned by Marathon (50.7 percent interest), Shell (46.1 percent), and Murphy Oil Corporation (3.2 percent).
Over the past 26 years, LOOP has safely and efficiently transported more than 7.5 billion barrels of crude oil into the U.S. for refineries to convert into essential petroleum products.
Since 2005, Shaw has been Vice President of Operations for LOOP. Previously, he was a vice president of Marathon's pipeline organization, with engineering, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance experience in Marathon's pipeline and refining organizations. Shaw is a graduate of The Ohio State University, and has completed management and executive programs at Indiana University, Northwestern University, and the University of Michigan.
"LOOP has an outstanding team of dedicated employees focused on providing reliable and innovative services in a safe and environmentally friendly manner," said Shaw. "We are in a dynamic environment and ours is the kind of team that will make it possible to grow and meet our business objectives, as well as the supply and transportation needs of our customers into the future."
Shaw succeeds Robert C. Thompson who is retiring following more than 22 years as LOOP's president.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Louisiana Offshore Oil Port (LOOP) more info
- America's Biggest Oil Port Looks to Catch the Export Wave (Jul 25)
- UPDATE: Rough Seas Delay Gulf Production Activities (Nov 11)
- UPDATE: Producers Take Heed as Storm Targets Oil Patch (Nov 09)