First Australian: Processing Underway for Offshore Senegal Data
First Australian Resources Limited (FAR) reported Tuesday that Senegal Hunt Oil Co. has filed its quarterly reported submitted through Petrosen to the Ministry of Energy and Mines for the Republic of Senegal.
The report confirms that acquisition of the Sangomar Deep 3-D seismic survey, which commenced on February 14, was concluded on March 28. The survey total area was 2089km2; the data was acquired in 46 days at an estimated survey acquisition cost of US$12,100,000.
Data processing of the on-board DMO stack data volume was completed while the seismic boat was en-route from Senegal to Dunkirk, France. The stacked data volume and a velocity data file have been sent to Spectrum in the UK where the on-board cube is being migrated, with an estimated delivery date of the third week in May.
All indications from preliminary stacks of the data processed on board indicate that the data is of excellent quality.
Field tapes have been sent to CGG in Houston, where full processing of the data volume is being performed. Interpretation and Prospect Analysis is scheduled to commence during the fourth quarter 2007.
FAR holds a 30-percent participation in the Rufisque Offshore, Sangomar Offshore and
Sangomar Deep Offshore blocks. These offshore concessions, located in the Mauritania-
Senegal, Guinea Bissau Basin, offer potential for world-class oil accumulations.
- Hunt Oil Company Says It Will Cut 10% Of Its Workforce (Apr 07)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- KNOC Subsidiary Gathers Canadian Assets From Hunt (Dec 15)
Company: First Australian Resources more info
- Senegal Grants Extension on FAR's Offshore Blocks (Dec 04)
- FAR Receives Extension on Offshore Senegal Blocks (Nov 13)
- FAR Updates on Offshore Senegal Exploration Activities (Sep 21)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)
Company: Petrosen more info
- ConocoPhillips Confirms FAR Holds Pre-Emption Right for Senegal Project (Aug 23)
- Kosmos Energy Makes 'Significant' Gas Find Offshore Senegal (Jan 27)
- SNE Appraisal Program Offshore Senegal Continues with SNE-3 Drilling (Jan 19)