PDO Submitted for Yme Field
Revus Energy reports that the Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) for the Yme field has been submitted to the Norwegian Ministry of Oil and Energy. The operator, Talisman Energy Norge AS, has based the PDO on estimated remaining reserves of 50 – 60 million barrels.
"We are very pleased to announce the PDO submission for Yme. This demonstrates our ability and willingness to create shareholder value through maturing discoveries to PDO. We were awarded the license in 2004, and cumulative net pre-tax costs to date for maturing Yme are approximately NOK 20 million," says Harald Vabo, CEO of Revus.
License holders in PL 316 including the Yme field are Talisman Energy Norge AS (operator, 70%), Revus Energy ASA (20%) and Pertra ASA (10%).
The Yme field was discovered in 1986. The then current operator Statoil produced approximately half the field's reserves from 1996 until permanent abandonment of the field in 2001. The current licensees have performed a comprehensive reanalysis of the Yme reservoirs, as well as assessing the prospects of the region, and have determined that redevelopment of Yme is technically feasible and economically viable.
The PDO includes a total of 12 production and injection wells, of which 5 will be subsea completions, and a production platform for processing of oil and with gas and water injection facilities. First production is planned for January 2009 with expected maximum gross production of 40,000barrels of oil per day.
A letter of intent has been issued to Single Buoy Moorings Inc. (SBM) for the provision of a
new build production facility which includes a subsea storage tank and offshore loading
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)