Lundin Spuds Tengis-1 in Indonesia
Lundin Petroleum AB reported Thursday that the drilling of the Tengis-1 exploration well on Blora, Central Java, Indonesia has commenced. The plan is to drill the well to a depth of 2,700 meters.
The Tengis – 1 well is targeting the Oligocene sandstone interval with gross unrisked potential of 50 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe). The rig contracted to carry out the drilling is the ApexIndo Rig No. 8 and drilling is expected to take up to 2 month.
Lundin Petroleum is the operator of the Blora PSC holding a 43.3 percent working interest. Partners are Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC) (40%) and China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (16.7%).
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)