Interra: Goldpetrol Abandons Myanmar Infill Well
Interra Resources Limited announced on 22 December 2006 that its jointly controlled entity, Goldpetrol Joint Operating Company Inc. had commenced drilling the last well of a three-well shallow infill program, well number CGP-05, at its Chauk oil field in Myanmar.
Interra owns 60% of Goldpetrol ,which has a 100% interest in two Improved Petroleum Recovery contracts with the Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise ("MOGE") in respect of the Chauk and Yenangyaung oil fields in Myanmar. Goldpetrol is the operator of the fields.
CGP-05 was drilled as a vertical well with the primary objective of testing the UL3300 and U3700 sands along with several secondary targets. It is located on the interpreted south flank of the northern fault block where there was a gap in drilling. Both of the primary objectives tested small amounts of gas with traces of oil. This was interpreted as being within the "gas invaded zone" (gas from the up dip gas cap) and as being a depleted reservoir. Consequently, the formation was not productive. Several other shallower zones were unsuccessfully tested. The well has now been plugged and abandoned.
The well was drilled using Goldpetrol's Cooper LTO rig and operations were conducted
jointly by Goldpetrol's staff and Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise's staff seconded to
Goldpetrol. The rig has been moved off location and will be used in field production
maintenance and enhancement operations.
- Interra Releases Details of its Myanmar, Indonesia Reserves and Resources (Mar 30)
- Interra Completes Drilling at YNG 3270 Well in Myanmar's Yenangyaung Field (Feb 02)
- Interra's Unit Spuds CHK 1199 Development Well in Myanmar's Chauk Oil Field (Dec 01)
Company: Goldpetrol Joint Operating Co. Inc. more info
- Goldpetrol Kicks Off Drilling in Myanmar (Jun 14)
- Goldpetrol Spuds Yenangyaung Well in Myanmar (Oct 10)
- Goldpetrol Spuds Yenangyaung 3233 in Myanmar (Sep 11)
Company: Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise more info
- Myanmar Rules Out Launch of Bidding Round for Exploration Blocks This Year (May 13)
- ONGC Videsh Signs PSCs for Onshore Blocks B-2, EP-3 in Myanmar (Aug 12)
- Myanmar to Sign PSCs for Onshore Blocks Awarded in 2013 in Mid-May (Apr 24)