Petrobras Discovers More Gas in the Espirito Santo Basin

Santos Basin, Campos Basin
(Click to Enlarge)
Well 6-ESS-168 (ANP acronym: 6-BRSA-486-ESS), which Petrobras is still drilling in the Espirito Santo Basin, has reached 130-meter thick gas-saturated sandstone reservoirs at a depth of 3,378 meters. The importance of this well's results, located in the Camarupim Field, stem from the confirmation of a substantial thickness of gas-saturated sandstone reservoirs, which should translate into an increase in the expected recoverable volumes in the area.

Located in the Espirito Santo Sea, in the BM-ES-5 exploratory concession, the well is being drilled nearly 37-km off the Espirito Santo coast, at a water depth of 763 meters. Petrobras, with a 65% stake, operates this block in partnership with El Paso, which holds the remaining 35%.

This preliminary result confirms the Camarupim Field extends to the north, the commercial viability of which was declared in late 2006. This field was discovered with the drilling of well 4-ESS-164A (ANP acronym: 4-BRSA-406A-ESS), which detected about 112 meters of gas-containing reservoirs.

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Land GIS Spatial Analyst - Mineral Land
Expertise: Contracts Engineer|Geologist|Lease Analyst
Location: Denver, CO
Sr Petrophysicist - Delaware Basin Technology
Expertise: Petrophysicist
Location: Midland, TX
DRC Analyst I
Expertise: Engineering Technician|Geoscience Technician|Laboratory Ops / Tech
Location: Houston, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $48.06/BBL 2.51%
Light Crude Oil : $45.77/BBL 2.17%
Natural Gas : $2.97/MMBtu 2.30%
Updated in last 24 hours